Summer Reflections – FREE Printable

09.59

Summer Reflections – FREE Printable

Did your summer fly by too? Mine certainly did, and as I prep my kids to go back to school this week, I wanted to carve out some time to reflect on everything we did this summer. I decided to turn it into a printable because sometimes kids need something tangible to anchor discussions. That or a long car ride. Have you noticed that? The car is the best place to talk, but with this fun FREE printable you don’t need to waste gas just to talk. If these summer memories don’t fit your family, use the idea but make your own!

summer memories free printablePin It

What You Will Need



  • A copy of our Summer Memories Free Printable (click image to download or print)
  • A pen or pencil
  • You might want a smartphone or a map to figure out how many miles you travelled.
  • A summer full of memories.



Time To Reflect


Take your time. I like to do activities like this at the kitchen table. I make a snack and we chat and nibble at the same time. Take the time to talk about each memory. One of the biggest discussions we had wasn’t about what we did, it was about what we didn’t do. Going back to school can be full of nerves and saying goodbye to the summer vacation can be hard. Take some time to celebrate it and start the school year with all the great memories saved.
summer memoriesPin It

summer memoriesPin It

This activity was so much more meaningful than I expected. My 8-year-old son was so into it and much later in the day came back to it and we discussed it much further, especially why we never roasted any marshmallows. Something to add to our must do list next summer I guess!

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »